camel-users mailing list archives

From "jayson.minard" <jayson.min...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Sending an ActiveMQ BlobMessage via camel
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 08:56:19 GMT

A BlobMessage in ActiveMQ allows the body to be stored out-of-band.
Basically it is a claim-check pattern with the body being stored on FTP,
file system, HTTP or some other remote store while the message flies through
the queues with a ticket to claim the body if ever requested.  In this model
you rarely request the body but want access to it when you need it.  So it
is not a BytesMessage, but an ActiveMQ-ism.

The  http://activemq.apache.org/blob-messages.html ActiveMQ site has an
explanation .

--j