camel-users mailing list archives

From harinair <har...@hotmail.com>
Subject Some questions
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 01:29:36 GMT

Hi All:

I recently started working with Camel since our organization does a lot of
message routing. We have a bunch of custom code written to do message
routing and the plan is to replace this with Camel on the long run. And as a
part of the effort we are planning to use Camel for a project that is coming
up. However I have couple of doubts:

1. We are sending messages dynamically to different endpoints using
recipientList. One message currently goes to one endpoint. However I would
like to save the delivery status (whether failed or success) of each message
in database. I currently put the messages on delivery-queue and then try to
send out from there. On errors I move it to redelivery-queue using
deadLetter processing. But I do some more retries there (reason for doing
that is to have bigger retry interval and not to hold up messages coming
through delivery queue) and if it fails again it goes to the
dead-letter-queue. Now in database I have to set whether a particular
message failed or is successful (even better if I can set the status as
"retrying"). We also need the exception stack if possible. Can it be done?
Can the HTTP, SFTP, FTP modules give back the Exception information?

2. I am also having difficulty using header names in xpath if the names have
periods in them. How do we solve that? For example if a header name is
"my.nice.header" then using it as $my.nice.header creates errors. Probably
there is a way to escape periods?

3. I have seen documentation suggesting that the Spring
PropertyPlaceHolderConfigurer is not supported within camel routes. Some
other document suggested it will be supported in future. Does Apache Camel
1.4.0 support PropertyPlaceHolderConfigurer and if so any documentation?

I will highly appreciate, if some Apache Camel Guru can answer these
questions.

Regards,
Hari Gangadharan