camel-users mailing list archives

From "jayson.minard" <>
Subject ProducerTemplate and ActiveMQ component seems to leak threads
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 16:46:08 GMT

With a route such as:

And in the TestProcessor class, if we do something like:

    // outEndPoint is derived from the constructor parameter and is
    Message msg = exchange.getIn();
    ProducerTemplate producer =
    producer.sendBodyAndHeaders(outEndPoint, msg.getBody(),

It leaks threads and holds open ActiveMQ sessions endlessly.  We have the
ActiveMQ component configured and pooling is on, and all other routes do not
leak threads other than when we use ProducerTemplate.

Is there something different needing to be done to make sure the pooling in
ActiveMQ component is used when ProducerTemplate is the source of messages?

Thanks for any help or advice...
-- Jayson