camel-users mailing list archives

From "Michael.Murphree" <Michael.Murph...@compuware.com>
Subject RE: Proxying web services
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 16:03:30 GMT

Hi Claus,

Thank you for the reply.

It would certainly be nice-to-have functionality if I wanted a simple HTTP
proxy route.  I'll add a JIRA ticket for this.

If I wanted to build the route myself, I take it I'll need to do things like
examine the incoming request to determine if it's a GET or a POST (for
example) and then reset those values accordingly.  BTW: I tried the syntax
you suggested to force a GET and Eclipse balks at the use of that enum.

Let me backtrack a bit and explain the environment.  I'm working with Camel
in an OSGi environment (Equinox) using Spring DM and a number of other
elements (like CXF and Muse).  I'm currently running the whole stack as a
launch configuration in Eclipse Ganymede.  HttpMethods is an enum, and
although the camel-http bundle exports that package, the JDT couldn't
resolve it.  I had to copy the source into my bundle as my own enum to make
it work.  (I suspect the Spring XML syntax would simply work, but I wanted
the ability to debug.)

The other thing of note is that the camel-jetty bundle appears to start it's
own embedded Jetty server.  Have you considered a plain OSGi HTTP Service
version of the Jetty component?  I haven't checked JIRA for this yet, but I
can add an enhancement ticket for this as well, if it seems good.

Regards,

Michael