camel-users mailing list archives

From "dirk.mahler" <dirk.mah...@buschmais.com>
Subject Reliable resequencing
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 13:16:23 GMT

Hi,

we integrated Camel 1.4 as JBI component into ServiceMix and tried to use
the stream resequencer to reconstruct the "natural" order of our messages.

The routing on ServiceMix (SMX) level is defined as follows:

SMX transactional JMS/JCA consumer -> Camel JBI Component -> SMX Bean SE

The Camel JBI Component is configured to provide resequencing the following
way (I left out some message body conversion stuff):

from("jbi:endpoint:...")
  .resequencer(sequenceExpression)
  .stream(config)
  .to("jbi:endpoint:.../beanEndpoint");

Resequencing seems to work but according to some simple tests it cannot be
guaranteed that all messages will reach the final consumer (in our case the
bean endpoint) if there's a system failure: Camel acknowlegdes the message
exchange to the JMS Consumer but then holds the messages in a non-persistent
queue before delivering them to the SMX bean endpoint. We found an existing
JIRA issue (CAMEL-126, https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-126)
which at a first glance seems to address our concerns by thinking about
synchronous dispatching - would this solve our problem or is there already
another solution?

-----
Dirk Mahler
Senior Consultant

buschmais GbR
Inhaber  Torsten Busch, Frank Schwarz, Dirk Mahler, Tobias Israel
Adresse  buschmais GbR, Leipziger Stra├če 93, 01127 Dresden
Telefon  +49 (0) 351 3209 23-0
Fax       +49 (0) 351 3209 23-29
Telefon  +49 (0) 1577 198 295 0
E-Mail   dirk.mahler@buschmais.com