camel-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Gilday" <martin.li...@imap.cc>
Subject RE: Sending an ActiveMQ BlobMessage via camel
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 10:01:59 GMT
Sorry I should have read the whole thread, I didn't see that this was
about Blob Messages (even though it is the subject!).

----- Original message -----
From: "Martin Gilday" <martin.lists@imap.cc>
To: camel-user@activemq.apache.org
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 10:53:46 +0100
Subject: RE: Sending an ActiveMQ BlobMessage via camel

I think in some ways the claim check pattern varies a lot for each use
case.  The developer generally needs to be in control of what is
persisted and how.  It is failry straightforward to just persist to a
datasource and then start passing around an ID instead.  Maybe there is
some scope for having a hook for the user to provide what should be
persisted and have the result of that callback be passed as the body to
the next part of the route. Maybe there is the possibility of reusing
some of the JPA component to do this.  Of course you can use other data
sources other than a database with the claim check idea, so that would
need to be considered.