camel-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Gilday" <martin.li...@imap.cc>
Subject Camel Maven Plugin looking in test-classes
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 11:58:19 GMT
Hi Camel riders,

We follow what I think is a fairly standard pattern where we name our
test classes the same as the class under test with the suffix UnitTest
or IntTest.  We place this in the same package name, but under
src/test/java instead of src/main/java.

I have a route scanner defined as so:

<camel:camelContext>
  <camel:package>example.routes</camel:package>
</camel:camelContext>

When I start up mvn camel:run I can see the following log lines:

DEBUG org.apache.camel.util.ResolverUtil  - Loading from directory:
C:\workspace\projectname\target\classes\example\routes
DEBUG org.apache.camel.util.ResolverUtil  - Loading from directory:
C:\workspace\projectname\target\test-classes\example\routes

This causes a problem as it attempts to load a class in test-classes
which has a super class of AbstractJUnit4SpringContextTests which in the
Maven POM is defined with test depdendency scope.  Therefore you get a
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError.

Why is Camel scanning test classes for routes?  Is there a way to
prevent this other than changing the test package name?

Thanks,
Martin.