camel-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Gilday" <martin.li...@imap.cc>
Subject Minimal Spring config for a webapp
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 10:18:00 GMT
Hi Camel riders,

I'm in the process of writing a web app which needs to simply place a
message on a JMS queue.  This is then picked up by an independent
project with Camel routes in it.  What I am trying to do is write the
smallest Camel config I need with Spring for the web app.  All I think I
really need is a Camel ProducerTemplate and a JmsComponent definition
which details the ActiveMQ connection details.

I am hoping to just use the following (I've removed namespace
definitions)

<beans>
  <camel:template id="camelTemplate" />

  <bean id="jms" class="org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsComponent">
    <property name="connectionFactory">
        <property name="brokerURL" value="tcp://localhost:61616" />
      </bean>
    </property>
  </bean>
</beans>

Do I need to define a <camel:camelContext> at all?
Has anything changed regarding the <camel:template /> element since
CamelTemplate was deprecated for ProducerTemplate? I've set up a
AbstractJUnit4SpringContextTests with @Autowired on a ProducerTemplate
field and asserted it exists and is an instance of
DefaultProducerTemplate.  Was it ever considered to adjust the element
name to be camel:producerTemplate so it is more obvious what it is?  Is
it likely there will ever be another *Template in Camel that would make
this element name confusing?

Thanks,
Martin