camel-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMX and starting/stopping routes/context
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 08:24:32 GMT
2008/8/29 dkozic <drazen.kozic@asw.eu>:

> Hi,
>
> I am experimenting with JMX and Camel (1.4). I successfully connected  my
> jconsole to running Camel context.
> Ability to view route/processor statistics is great. But I faced two
> problems:
>
> 1. When I try to stop route I am getting
> IOException: Not supported.
> at org.apache.camel.management.ManagedRoute.stop(ManagedRoute.java:62)
>
> When I examined source of ManagedRoute class, I found that IOException is
> thrown without condition. Will this behaviour be changed in future?

I hope we can support the start/stop of routes via JMX soon. Could you
raise a JIRA for this please?

> 2. When I stop camel context through jconsole, jconsole connection to camel
> context is lost. That means that I must restart camel context manually
> (restart Tomcat container) and cannot use JMX/jconsole to restart camel
> context.
> Is there solution for this problem?

I guess we could make CamelContext restartable after its been stopped
(though it might introduce some hairy lifecycle issues - am not sure
yet). But it would be nice to at least be able to stop/start a context
(maybe if that really is a pause/resume rather than a total tear-down
and rebuild type operation).

--
James
-------