camel-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: New Howto: Better JMS Transport for CXF Webservice using Apache Camel
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 11:34:18 GMT
2008/8/26 Christian Schneider <>:
> Hi James,
> thanks for the comments. I already have access to the wiki so this should be
> no problem.

Ah great! :)

> The declarative transactions sound very interesting. Is there any
> description how to use them together with Camel and CXF? Do I just have to
> declare my Webservice implementation @Transactional?

Camel's JMS transport uses the underlying Spring JMS abstractions
(MessageListenerContainer and JmsTemplate) so they work well with
spring declarative transactions; all you need to do is configure the
JMS endpoint to be transacted and give it a transaction manager and
you're good to go.

> Will the transaction then be coordinated with JMS transactions?

Yes - or XA transactions - depending on what transaction manager you register.

> Can I even
> use these transactions together with Database transactions inside my
> service?

Yes - if you use XA and configure your JMS component and JDBC
DataSource / HibernateTemplate the JTA transaction manager

> Sorry for the many questions ;-)

No worries :)

Open Source Integration

View raw message