camel-users mailing list archives

From "Andres Rangel" <>
Subject activeMQ - Camel integration example
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 17:02:12 GMT

We are currently studying the possibility of using Camel for our jms

I am a little bit confused.

What we want is to have the Camel routing code in the same activeMQ

I ran the example that comes with ActiveMQ 5.1, where  all messages
going to example.A get routed to example.B .

I want to go further and be able to route based on conditions, to a
dynamic queue (read from memory).

So as you see I need to be able to "include" a java class to handle this

Problems so far:

1.       I have tried coding a class extending the RouteBuilder, but
still is not clear how will I route to dynamic queue based on the
content (I use body() right?)

2.       How do I modify the activemq.xml file so that this class is
registered and used for the routing?

3.       Do I need to add the my class to a camel context or that wil be
done automatically by ActiveMQ?

Thanks for your help, I know how to do this routing using standard JMS
code, but will really like to be able to use Camel.

Please forgive me if this is too simple or basic, as I  am a newbie .

Andres Rangel

Sw Engineer