camel-users mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" ...@silverbullet.dk>
Subject RE: OSGI example. Is it really using osgi?
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2008 06:19:35 GMT
Hi Christian

Yes we could surely use some wiki how to use Camel with OSGi. The example is wrong as it shouldn't
say camel:run as it will not be running in an OSGi container.

We have a JIRA for this. Thanks for helping out:
http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-660

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet
Skovsgårdsvænget 21
8362 Hørning
Tlf. +45 2962 7576
Web: www.silverbullet.dk

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Schneider [mailto:chris@die-schneider.net]
Sent: 15. august 2008 11:59
To: camel-user@activemq.apache.org
Subject: OSGI example. Is it really using osgi?

Hi,

I just had a look at the OSGI example. The readme says to start the
example via  "mvn camel:run". As far as I know Camel then simply starts
up a spring Applicationcontext and runs the config.
So it is not really using osgi, is it?

Is there any example how to set up Apache Felix to run the Camel
example? The readme says the jar can be deployed into any osgi
container. But what about the dependencies? How do I tell the container
to load all bundles that are necessary to run the example bundle? If
there is no such documentation I am willing to write it for the wiki if
someone can give me the right pointers how to get this running.

Best regards

Christian