camel-users mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen">
Subject RE: Do error handling on JBI MessageExchange status?
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 03:58:56 GMT

To my knowledge the DLC doesn't test for conditions of status = ExchangeStatus.ERROR.

Is this flag JBI specific? Camel doesn't have a set/getStatus on its Exchange?

What Camel has instead is:
- exception
- fault

What you could do is to wrap this in a processor/bean and do the "logic" and convert the ERROR
status to a fault message or throw an exception. Then the DLC should kick in.

And I even think you can wrap this in an interceptor.

But when it comes to the end I think it would be better to improve Camel with whatever this
ExchangeStatus.ERROR JBI thing is and let is DLC be aware of this one.

So Gray can you tell more about this ExchangeStatus.ERROR? And what are your thoughts?

Med venlig hilsen
Claus Ibsen
Skovsgårdsvænget 21
8362 Hørning
Tlf. +45 2962 7576
-----Original Message-----
From: Garry []
Sent: 11. august 2008 23:26
Subject: Do error handling on JBI MessageExchange status?

Here's a short configuration involving two JBI endpoints:

  .to ("jbi:endpoint:http//second/jbi/endpoint");

If the second JBI endpoint sets the MessageExchange status to
error (and throws no exception):

I'd like my deadLetterChannel error handler to "fire",
resending the message to the second JBI endpoint per the
configured retry parameters.  I don't get that behavior
now; the route completes normally.

How can I trigger error handling on JBI exchange errors?
I did mess around some with predicates (to inspect the returned
exchange status) but couldn't figure out how to combine
a predicate with a DLC. Any ideas?  Examples?

Thanks, Garry