camel-users mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" ...@silverbullet.dk>
Subject RE: HttpExchange changes to DefaultExchange - expected?
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 17:46:46 GMT
Hi

I think you can front all your jetty endpoints with a processor that copies the HttpSession
to a header key on the in message, or as a property on the exchange itself.

Then it should be propagated to the other processors later in the route chain.

from("jetty:xxx").processRef("frontJettyThatCopiesHttpSessionToHeader")... then what you normally
do in your route builder

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet
Skovsgårdsvænget 21
8362 Hørning
Tlf. +45 2962 7576
Web: www.silverbullet.dk
-----Original Message-----
From: alu [mailto:andre.van.der.lugt@acision.com]
Sent: 4. august 2008 17:02
To: camel-user@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Re: HttpExchange changes to DefaultExchange - expected?

Hi,

Bela Vizy wrote:

> Hi,
>

> alu wrote:
>>
>> The problem is, I need access to the HttpServletRequest and
>> HttpServletResponse stuff in subsequent Processors, but only HttpExchange
>> provides this.
>>

> Exchange is an abstraction to "exchange" messages. It is related to the
> communication technology. So it doesn't "travel" down the pipe ...
>
> What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
>
> Bela

I'm looking for a messaging architecture in which a single Processor, call
it a Responder, creates a response for diverse HTTP requests coming from
multiple Jetty endpoints, with possibly some intermediate message
transformation and routing in between. The Responder knows how to create the
response for the various requests using the business logic, this Responder
needs to be HTTP session aware as well so needs access to an HttpExchange.

André