camel-users mailing list archives

From Garry <gmbr...@hotmail.com>
Subject Do error handling on JBI MessageExchange status?
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 21:26:23 GMT

Hi,

Here's a short configuration involving two JBI endpoints:

  errorHandler(deadLetterChannel(...));

  from("jbi:endpoint:http//first/jbi/endpoint")
  .to ("jbi:endpoint:http//second/jbi/endpoint");

If the second JBI endpoint sets the MessageExchange status to
error (and throws no exception):

  exchange.setStatus(ExchangeStatus.ERROR);

I'd like my deadLetterChannel error handler to "fire",
resending the message to the second JBI endpoint per the
configured retry parameters.  I don't get that behavior
now; the route completes normally.

How can I trigger error handling on JBI exchange errors?
I did mess around some with predicates (to inspect the returned
exchange status) but couldn't figure out how to combine
a predicate with a DLC. Any ideas?  Examples?

Thanks, Garry