camel-users mailing list archives

From carloc <carlo_ca...@yahoo.com>
Subject Camel, Websphere, And Long Running Threads
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 16:11:51 GMT

Hi everyone,

I have this problem with websphere. I'm implementing a competing consumer
which has 5 threads available.
I'm using a file component and placing it in activemq for it to be processed
by the 5 consumers that are available.

The problem is I have very long running threads. Each thread takes about 30
minutes to complete.
WebSphere could not stop the application while the threads are running. Even
stopping the service makes me encounter the problems. I have already
disabled the JMX since I've read that there are issues.

The real big issue is restarting the application server really takes a long
time.
I've also seen different processes being spawned. Is this the correct way?

Thanks

Carlo