camel-users mailing list archives

From alu <andre.van.der.l...@acision.com>
Subject Re: HttpExchange changes to DefaultExchange - expected?
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 15:02:25 GMT

Hi,

Bela Vizy wrote:

> Hi,
>

> alu wrote:
>>
>> The problem is, I need access to the HttpServletRequest and
>> HttpServletResponse stuff in subsequent Processors, but only HttpExchange
>> provides this.
>>

> Exchange is an abstraction to "exchange" messages. It is related to the
> communication technology. So it doesn't "travel" down the pipe ...
>
> What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
>
> Bela

I'm looking for a messaging architecture in which a single Processor, call
it a Responder, creates a response for diverse HTTP requests coming from
multiple Jetty endpoints, with possibly some intermediate message
transformation and routing in between. The Responder knows how to create the
response for the various requests using the business logic, this Responder
needs to be HTTP session aware as well so needs access to an HttpExchange.

André