camel-users mailing list archives

From "William Tam" <email.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can avoid to have such error message "instanceAllreadyExistsException" ?
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 15:04:23 GMT
Hi Claus and Charles,

1) Claus, you were right when you said it was a warning.  The stack
does show where it was logged but here is where it happened.  The
InstrumentationLifecycleStrategy.onRoutes.Add() method caught the
exception (InstanceAlreadyExistsException is a type of JMException)
thrown by DefaultInstrumentation.registerMBeanWithServer() and log a
warning message.

        for (Route route : routes) {
            try {
                agent.register(mr, getNamingStrategy().getObjectName(mr));
            } catch (JMException e) {
                LOG.warn("Could not register Route MBean", e);
            }
        }

2) Charles, looking at the message, it failed to register a route that
has a duplicated objectname.  I am wondering if you have two routes
within a CamelContext that have an identiical "from" endpoint uri?
(The naming strategy for managed route is in part based on the from
endpoint.)  If so, I wonder  if it could create a race condition
between the two route (i.e. both routes listen/poll from the same
destination).

3) As the result of the exception, only one of the two routes is
registered with the MBean server.   If having a common from endpoint
within a CamelContext is valid, we should support managing multiple
routes that has the same "from" endpoint.  So, we need to fix the
naming strategy.

4) I'd like to point out that testing for existing objectname in
DefaultInstrumentionaAgent is probably not reliable running in
WebSphere as as our (intended) objectname will be different than the
actual name used in registration.

5) I am not sure I would degrade it to debug level as it (has
helped)/helps us to discover real issues (earilier).

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Claus Ibsen <ci@silverbullet.dk> wrote:
> Hi Charles
>
> I have committed a fix. Could you test it?
>
> Would take 2-3 hours before the CI server has pushed a new 1.4-SNAPSHOT build today.
>
> The bug is reported at CAMEL-732
> https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-732
>

> Med venlig hilsen
>
> Claus Ibsen
> Silverbullet
> Skovsgårdsvænget 21
> 8362 Hørning
> Tlf. +45 2962 7576

We had an issue before where each of them will get their own instance number 0, 1, 2 etc.
But as you write it's the same endpoint.