camel-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to log headers/properties (key,value pairs) through interceptors ?
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 17:15:17 GMT
The documentation on the tracer is here...
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/tracer.html

it probably makes sense to use the ExchangeFormatter inside the Log component

2008/7/10 Claus Ibsen <ci@silverbullet.dk>:
> Camel uses the ExchangeFormatter to format a string that is logged with the log component.
The default implementation does a toString() on the Exchange object. And the default implementation
logs the in message, that outputs its body.

> So you want a verbose mode that outputs more or less the entire exchange?
> - in body
> - out body
> - exchange pattern
> - exchange id
> - in headers
> - out headers
> - exchange properties
> - etc.
>
> Well that is doable. Even though the functionally is there already with the trace interceptor.
>
> But we could extend the Log component to be able to set your own exchange formatter object
and then you can implement the code that outputs the string message. And/Or we could add more
options to the log component so you can turn on/off individual log outputs.