camel-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camel in Master/Slave ActiveMQ config
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 12:37:05 GMT
2008/7/1 bwtaylor <bryan_w_taylor@yahoo.com>:

> Can somebody explain, or forward me to an explanation of how Camel embedded
> in ActiveMQ will behave when used in a master/slave broker configuration

Camel just uses the JMS API - so it behaves the same way as any JMS
code when using ActiveMQ Master/Slave

i.e. the JMS client will connect to the master until it fails.

> . Is
> there a way to tell the entire camel context on each broker instance to obey
> master/slave status of ActiveMQ?
> Specifically when the slave starts up, presumably the camel context and
> routes will be built even though the broker is not actively processing
> messages. The master will have a comparable camel context, and I'm worried
> about interference between the two Camel Context. How do the routes on the
> slave know not to try to do their processing? Some routes in these contexts
> will reference broker endpoints, but some may do things like hit external
> endpoints, which would be bad if this is competing with the comparable
> processing on the master.

If you are worried about multiple instances of the routes in different
JVMs causing issues with each other, you might wanna run the camel
route as a separate process. If you don't, things should work fine -
if the master JVM dies, so will its camel context - and the slave
won't startup until it becomes the master (so its camel context won't
be active) - so I think it should work fine.

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration