camel-users mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" ...@silverbullet.dk>
Subject RE: Component to read FixedLength file ?
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 07:55:20 GMT
Hi

Yes I thought also at first it was a dataformat ;) But how James created it it works as if
it is a dataformat. You just have to do it in to..from from..to steps.

from("file://c:/test").to("flatpack:foo: locationOftheXMLConfigurationfile.pzmap.xml");

from("flatpack:foo").to("whatever you want");

As a component it gets more attention, as people can find it on the component list. The dataformats
are kinda hidden in the wiki documentation.
Maybe they need a "dataformat" top menu as well ;)

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet
Skovsgårdsvænget 21
8362 Hørning
Tlf. +45 2962 7576
Web: www.silverbullet.dk

-----Original Message-----
From: cmoulliard [mailto:cmoulliard@gmail.com]
Sent: 15. juli 2008 09:32
To: camel-user@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Re: Component to read FixedLength file ?

Many thanks.

I will test the integration of this component within Camel.

Remark : I'm a little confused about how Flatpack has been integrated. The
project has been integrated like a component but from my point of view, it
should be integrated (for consistency reason) like a Dataformat. Because
like the other framework/technology implemented in Camel (JAXB, Artix,
XStream, ....), they transform the content from a format (XML, CSV, ...)
into another format (Collection of Java objects)

E.g.

DataFormat flatpack = new
DataFormat("locationOftheXMLConfigurationfile.pzmap.xml.xml")

from("file:///c:/test")
.unmarshall(flatpack)
.to("whatever you want")

Regards,

Charles

James.Strachan wrote:

> BTW trunk has an early spike of a flatpack component. Needs more work,
> but there's a basic fixed-width reader example there for the curious
>
> 2008/7/14 James Strachan <james.strachan@gmail.com>:
>> I've raised a JIRA to track this...
>> https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-717

>>> It should be pretty easy to write a flatpack component.
>>>
>>> there's a commercial tool called Artix Data Services which comes with
>>> a nice design UI that does this with Camel...
>>> http://activemq.apache.org/camel/artix-data-services.html
>>>
>>> but it'd be nice to have an OSS option :)
>>>
>>> --
>>> James
>>> -------
>>> http://macstrac.blogspot.com/