camel-users mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" ...@silverbullet.dk>
Subject RE: Is it possible to log headers/properties (key,value pairs) through interceptors ?
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 07:31:08 GMT
Ad 1)
The tracer already displayes the headers and propeties etc. See the sample at: http://activemq.apache.org/camel/tracer.html

But we could also improve the existing logger to have a verbose option to log some more. But
try the tracer to see if it's covering your needs.

Ad 2)
That is a path I don't think we should go. The JMX console holds very little state (= the
performance metrics). If it should also contains a list of all the exchanges that has been
pass through it then it would require massive memory over time. The tracer should be sufficient
for now.

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet
Skovsgårdsvænget 21
8362 Hørning
Tlf. +45 2962 7576
Web: www.silverbullet.dk

-----Original Message-----
From: cmoulliard [mailto:cmoulliard@gmail.com]
Sent: 11. juli 2008 09:24
To: camel-user@activemq.apache.org
Subject: RE: Is it possible to log headers/properties (key,value pairs) through interceptors
?

That's the idea in order to easily display on the console the content of the
message including body/headers/properties and so on. I think that we should
separate the information related to the infrastructure like
endpoints/routes/process and so on from the business logic that we implement
in to the messages. The logging available is enough using
("log:myLogOutput?level=INFO,WARN,DEBUG") or the JMX console (except that it
is not possbile through the console to see the content of the body + headers
+ properties and son).

So, two possibilities exist and can be combine together :

1) Extent the existing tracing option (enable.Trace()) to displau to console
not only the message but also body/headers/properties info

2) Adapt jmx console to consult the content of the messages

Remark : I'm not sure that we must implement addtional code to allow a user
to customising the logging in order to add new logging features.

Regards,

Charles