camel-users mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" ...@silverbullet.dk>
Subject RE: Deserializing mesage
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 04:00:15 GMT
Hi

As always with Camel there are several/many solutions. Some more elegant.

1)
Yes your own processor would do fine. List<Map<String, Object>> is what you get
from JDBC. It's a list of rows, where each row is a Map object with the JDBC column name as
the string key, and the value is the Object.

I would use my own processor to do my transformation to the string that XMPP expects.

2)
BTW: There is also the DataFormat solution where you can define your own data format and serialize/deserialize
to/from this format.
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/data-format.html

3)
Or the type converter, then Camel will automatically pick it up and convert it.

@Converter
public class MyConverter
                     @Converter
public static String convertToString(List<Map<String, Object>> jdbcResult) {
   return string
}
Then you need a special marker file in the META-INF folder. Its all documented in the wiki.
You can check out camel-core.jar to see this marker file.

But I am not 100% sure the type converter solution will work as the type is a generic.
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/type-converter.html

Feedback on the documentation is highly appreciated. And if the generic type converter works
also.

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet