camel-users mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" ...@silverbullet.dk>
Subject RE: Is it possible to log headers/properties (key,value pairs) through interceptors ?
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2008 13:10:16 GMT
Camel uses the ExchangeFormatter to format a string that is logged with the log component.
The default implementation does a toString() on the Exchange object. And the default implementation
logs the in message, that outputs its body.

So you want a verbose mode that outputs more or less the entire exchange?
- in body
- out body
- exchange pattern
- exchange id
- in headers
- out headers
- exchange properties
- etc.

Well that is doable. Even though the functionally is there already with the trace interceptor.

But we could extend the Log component to be able to set your own exchange formatter object
and then you can implement the code that outputs the string message. And/Or we could add more
options to the log component so you can turn on/off individual log outputs.

Any thoughts?

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet