camel-users mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" ...@silverbullet.dk>
Subject RE: spring DeadLetterChannel redelivery config
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 09:20:11 GMT
Hi

Thanks a lot for sharing this. Handy for others as well.
There could be an issue with the initial delay vs. repated delay.

Do you mind creating a JIRA ticket for this - then its not forgotten.
Would be nice with a special delay for the first redelivery and then another setting for the
repeated delay.

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet
Skovsgårdsvænget 21
8362 Hørning
Tlf. +45 2962 7576
Web: www.silverbullet.dk

-----Original Message-----
From: vguna [mailto:grave@gmx.de]
Sent: 7. juli 2008 11:17
To: camel-user@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Re: spring DeadLetterChannel redelivery config

Hi James.

Thanks for the reply. It seems to work now. For all, who asking themselves
how a xml configuration for this will look like, here's an example:

    <camelContext id="camel"

        <route errorHandlerRef="deadLetterErrorHandler">
                <from uri="activemq:NEW" />
        </route>

    </camelContext>

<bean id="deadLetterErrorHandler"
class="org.apache.camel.builder.DeadLetterChannelBuilder">
    <property name="redeliveryPolicy" ref="redeliveryPolicyConfig"/>
</bean>

<bean id="redeliveryPolicyConfig"
class="org.apache.camel.processor.RedeliveryPolicy">
    <property name="maximumRedeliveries" value="4"/>
    <property name="initialRedeliveryDelay" value="30000"/>
    <property name="useExponentialBackOff" value="true"/>
</bean>

Still one problem left. When an error occurs, a redelivery is executed
immediately - without the specified delay. After
that, the redeliveryDelay is used correctly.Is this by design? Would be
nice, if one could configure a "redeliveryDelay" and a
"initialRedliveryDelay". Or just simply use the delay on the first
redelivery attempt, too.

Regards,
Veit