camel-users mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" ...@silverbullet.dk>
Subject RE: Question about XMPP/Smack API/auto-reconnection
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 04:12:13 GMT

Tlf. +45 2962 7576
Web: www.silverbullet.dk
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Kahn [mailto:mfkahn@gmail.com]
Sent: 2. juli 2008 23:43
To: camel-user@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Question about XMPP/Smack API/auto-reconnection

Hi:

I have been attempting to test the XMPP endpoint with Camel 1.3.0.  I
see that it uses the Smack 2.2.1 API, and is not 100% (drop-in)
compatible with the smack 3.x API.  The problem is that the 2.2.1 API
does support the auto-reconnect feature (connect() and disconnect()
methods) that the 3.x API does, and so if the XMPP connection goes
down after your camelContext.start(), attempts to route will just
throw an exception until you restart the process.

Are there any plans to switch to Smack 3.0.x in order to support
automatic reconnects? If so, what's the ETA?

Thanks,

Michael