camel-users mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Celebrating Camel 1.4.0 release - New Tutorial - Feedback appreicated
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 09:11:04 GMT
Hi Claus,

I really like your tutorial which introduces the camel magices in a POJO
way piece by piece. The reader could know what exactly happens behind
the code and will not lost control of the camel himself :)

I am looking forward the further parts about camel-cxf component,
annotation, Spring configuration and DSL for EIPs.

BTW, I'd like to translate your tutorial into Chinese for more audience
to get to know better about Camel :)

Cheers,

Willem

Claus Ibsen wrote:
> Hi Freeman,
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> Actually the tutorial isn't finished yet. It is actually a bit from the final Camel solution
to the use-case. I am about to introduce routes and thus have the ability to use camel-cxf
in the route and let go of my service impl class as well and use the cxf consumer - as you
also write.

> That will be in part 4, 5 or 6 - depending how long it takes to get there ;)
>
> I do have a solution at hand that is 6-10 code lines with the camel java DSL builder.
>
> What I feel was important my the tutorial is also demonstrating how Camel can be introduced
bit by bit into an *existing* solution. In this example a webservice impl (people are used
to this, when they coded AXIS webservices in the old days). Its important for the developers
to feel they are in control. So my starting point was in the java code in the service impl
class.

> Part 1-3 is for the entry level to Camel. The next parts will be more "Camel" with routes
and everything, albeit taking it slowly ;)

> Keep the feedback coming.
>

> Med venlig hilsen
>
> Claus Ibsen
> Silverbullet
> Skovsgårdsvænget 21
> 8362 Hørning
> Tlf. +45 2962 7576

a real life use-case and how it can be implemented with Camel.

>> The tutorial is target for end-users with no to medium knowledge of Camel. It's very
different from what we else have, since it's focused on how you can bring in Camel to an existing
solution and it's focused on using the Java building blocks that Camel also internally uses
for endpoints, producers and consumers etc.

>> I plan to continue the tutorial, but at this point I would love some feedback. It
does after all take quite some time to write.

>> I was inspired by a phone call from a colleague and my local development team that
will think Camel is a bit to "magic" and get off by it, if they can't fell they are in control
and slowly grasp Camel.

>> Throwing annotations, spring xml files, AOP and Java DSL routes in their face would
not be the way to introduce Camel for a development team with strong roots in traditional
J2EE development with EJBs and heavy platforms.