camel-users mailing list archives

From Freeman Fang <freeman.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Celebrating Camel 1.4.0 release - New Tutorial - Feedback appreicated
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 03:47:28 GMT
Hi Claus,

That's very good tutorial.
One thing is that you use a cxf server in your example, and in the
serviceImpl class you invoke camel stuff.
Since camel have camel-cxf component, so I think maybe use cxf consumer
with POJO messgeType provided by camel-cxf (so everything is under camel
framework) instead is better.

The flow should be like

client ---> cxf consumer (webservice) ====> log producer /velocity
producer/file producer====> mail consumer
So that whole solution is in camel now, include the webservice .
Just my thought.

Regards
Freeman

Claus Ibsen wrote:
> Hi
>
> Camel 1.4.0 has finally been voted for release.
>
> To celebrate this great event I have written a new tutorial, that is inspired by a real
life use-case and how it can be implemented with Camel.

> The tutorial is target for end-users with no to medium knowledge of Camel. It's very
different from what we else have, since it's focused on how you can bring in Camel to an existing
solution and it's focused on using the Java building blocks that Camel also internally uses
for endpoints, producers and consumers etc.

> I plan to continue the tutorial, but at this point I would love some feedback. It does
after all take quite some time to write.

> I was inspired by a phone call from a colleague and my local development team that will
think Camel is a bit to "magic" and get off by it, if they can't fell they are in control
and slowly grasp Camel.

> Throwing annotations, spring xml files, AOP and Java DSL routes in their face would not
be the way to introduce Camel for a development team with strong roots in traditional J2EE
development with EJBs and heavy platforms.