camel-users mailing list archives

From Gert Vanthienen <gert.vanthie...@skynet.be>
Subject Re: Why some jars are not part of the Camel 1.4 snapshot distribution ?
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 14:40:09 GMT
James,

... but perhaps we can log a warning/info message explaining that a
dependency is missing for a component instead of the NoClassDefError?

Gert

James Strachan wrote:
> BTW we typically just ship the core dependencies you need for
> camel-core and camel-spring; so you can do the basics with files,
> beans, mocks and spring - then anything else is probably gonna require
> more dependencies.
>
> 2008/7/11 James Strachan <james.strachan@gmail.com>:
>
>> We typically just distribute the camel jars; not all of the possible
>> dependencies that might be included if a user chooses to use every
>> feature & component of camel. If we did we'd have to include a ton of
>> projects (e.g. all of scala, ruby, groovy, jython, beanshell, cxf,
>> activemq, servicemix, jetty, javamail, mina and zillions of others).
>> So we typically don't ship all the dependent jars.
>>
>> FWIW if you just add the camel modules you need to your maven pom;
>> you'll get all the dependencies you need added to your classpath by
>> maven. Its just if you just drop all the jars in the distro in your
>> classpath; there's gonna be tons of stuff missing.
>>
>> 2008/7/11 cmoulliard <cmoulliard@gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> When I launch Camel-1.4 SNAPSHOT in DEBUG, a lot of NoClassDefError are
>>> reported ? Why Some important jars are not provided in the distribution ?
>>>
>>> noclassdeffounderror :
>>> scala/ScalaObject,
>>> scala/Function,
>>> com/jcraft/jsch/,
>>> javax/Mail,
>>> org/apache/http/nio/NhttpServiceHandler,
>>> org/apache/http/protocol/HttpRequestHandler,
>>> org/apache/mina,
>>> org/apache/xmlbeans,
>>> javax/jcr,