camel-users mailing list archives

From Gert Vanthienen <gert.vanthie...@skynet.be>
Subject Re: How to catch errors locally on the path
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 09:52:11 GMT
Pratibha,

No problem with your previous mail, I got the point and I see the
problem now.  I don't think you can get that feedback in your
interceptor now.  The Camel Exchange only wraps the incoming JBI
MessageExchange, but it doesn't do the same thing when it goes out to
the ESB for calling a service -- it just gets the result of the JBI
MessageExchange in the Camel out message as well as the message headers,
but none of the metadata is coming with it.

We would really need to address this in Camel, I guess, making sure that
you can get metadata about what's going on inside Camel.  It's a fair
requirement for the dead letter channel to know about the service that
triggered it the dead letter delivery.  Could you raise a JIRA issue for
that?

For now, you'll probably have to go with Claus' suggestion to add the
destination in a message header yourself, I'm afraid...

Regards,

Gert