camel-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Can not compile examples from 1.4 snapshot
Date Sun, 06 Jul 2008 00:34:59 GMT
I have tried to run the examples from the 1.4 snapshot. Like described in
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/running-examples.html

mvn exec:java

I get the following error:
Cannot find parent: org.apache.camel:camel-parent for project:
null:examples:pom:null for project null:examples:

It seems the examples need a parent pom that is not existing in the
distribution. So probably this can be fixed by adding the parent pom to
the distribution. Though I think the concept of a parent pom for
examples is a bad thing in general.

As people often want to start their own project with the example code I
think each example should be able to exist on it´s own and so it should
not need a parent pom.
Is this a good idea?

Greeting

Christian