camel-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Chekan <vche...@cox.net>
Subject MS SQL Message Service endpoint
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 03:35:49 GMT
Hi all,
Disclaimer: I'm new to ActiveMQ and I'm more familiar with .net then Java.

I'm working on a "pilot project" using ActiveMQ & Camel. I have people
who do not have access to network (lets call it network A) but they need
to see log files there. So I decided that it would be a nice project to
test ActiveMQ.

Given:
Two networks, A (restricted) and B (local).
Application server in A uses log4net. I have MS SQL server in network A
also.
User is in network B.

My solution.
Using Service Broker in MS SQL I created a queue and using AdoDotNet
provider in log4net I dump log messages into the sql queue.
ActiveMQ server in network B should read SQL Servr queue using jdbc
connector and publish is via xmpp.

The problem
I'm having problems with grasping configuaration conception. Beans,
spring, spring namespaces, my head is spinning. I understand that I need
camelContext tag, and routing from, to. But what is the format of "from"
uri? According to the documentation it is "jdbc:testdb?readSize=100".
What about server name? Driver name?
Is it possible to implement inconfiguration file, without writing and
deploying java class?

Thanks,
Vadim Chekan.