camel-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Stewart <rds6...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Local transaction spanning DB insert and JMS persistence
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2008 16:31:41 GMT

James.Strachan wrote:

> Sure - though when using JDBC and JMS together you need to use JTA and
> XA. While ActiveMQ can support Oracle as a persistence option, on the
> ActiveMQ broker - it cannot currently take part in a JDBC-only
> persistence transaction on the JMS client side. Currently the broker
> side use of JDBC persistence is a separate transaction.
>
> To use JTA / XA just create a Spring JTA transaction manager and
> register it with the JDBC and JMS components.

Yes, this is what I'm trying to figure a way through. I don't want to use
XA. All of the database work is coming from the same box and going to the
same database. I'd like to use the same DB connection to do some of my own
work and then store the broker's persistence data so that it can be enclosed
in a local transaction. I see that the transaction is managed internally, so
I was thinking of handing ActiveMQ a proxied java.sql.Connection object that
will intercept the commit call and make sure that all of the combined work
is committed properly.