camel-users mailing list archives

From cmoulliard <cmoulli...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Is it possible to log headers/properties (key,value pairs) through interceptors ?
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 08:56:32 GMT

Claus

A) Everyhing that I want is in the trace generated ;)

B) It should be interesting to have a MULTI_LINE_STYLE for the tracing for
the readability of the output. The line is sometimes very very long.

C) How can I activate/deactivate one of the flavor available

Option 	 Default 	 Description
showBreadCrumb 	true 	Outputs the unique unit of work for the exchange. To
be used for correlation so you can identify the same exchange.
showNode 	true 	The destination node.
showExchangeId 	false 	To output the unique exchange id. Currently the
breadcrumb is sufficient.
showProperties 	true 	Output the exchange properties
showHeaders 	true 	Output the in message headers
showBodyType 	true 	Output the in body Java type
showBody 	true 	Output the in body

through the method :  getContext().addInterceptStrategy(new Tracer()) ?

Regards,

charles

Claus Ibsen wrote:

> Ad 1)
> The tracer already displayes the headers and propeties etc. See the sample
> at: http://activemq.apache.org/camel/tracer.html
>
> But we could also improve the existing logger to have a verbose option to
> log some more. But try the tracer to see if it's covering your needs.
>
> Ad 2)
> That is a path I don't think we should go. The JMX console holds very
> little state (= the performance metrics). If it should also contains a
> list of all the exchanges that has been pass through it then it would
> require massive memory over time. The tracer should be sufficient for now.
>

> Med venlig hilsen
>
> Claus Ibsen
> Silverbullet
> Skovsgårdsvænget 21