camel-users mailing list archives

From cmoulliard <cmoulli...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Is it possible to log headers/properties (key,value pairs) through interceptors ?
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 07:23:57 GMT

That's the idea in order to easily display on the console the content of the
message including body/headers/properties and so on. I think that we should
separate the information related to the infrastructure like
endpoints/routes/process and so on from the business logic that we implement
in to the messages. The logging available is enough using
("log:myLogOutput?level=INFO,WARN,DEBUG") or the JMX console (except that it
is not possbile through the console to see the content of the body + headers
+ properties and son).

So, two possibilities exist and can be combine together :

1) Extent the existing tracing option (enable.Trace()) to displau to console
not only the message but also body/headers/properties info

2) Adapt jmx console to consult the content of the messages

Remark : I'm not sure that we must implement addtional code to allow a user
to customising the logging in order to add new logging features.

Regards,

Charles