camel-users mailing list archives

From "S.R." <srassok...@gmail.com>
Subject Camel Router is blocked when waiting for response
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 11:03:34 GMT

For example, I have the following route:

// main route
from("jms:testQueue").to("jms:someOtherQueue");

// and test consumer for "jms:someOtherQueue"
from("jms:someOtherQueue").process(new Processor() {
                Thread.sleep(10000);
                exchange.getOut().setBody("Reply");
       }
});

It's easy to see that when we send request message (with JMSReplyTo field
set) to the jms:testQueue, the Camel Router is blocked until reply from
jms:someOtherQueue consumer is received, therefore new incoming messages
can't be processed/routed during this time.

Does Camel have some abilities or configuration settings to avoid this, and
make this waiting asynchronous, so that other messages could be processed
even if some of the previous messages hasn't been completely
processed/routed yet?

Thank you,
Sergey