camel-users mailing list archives

From cmoulliard <cmoulli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: camel-example-osgi - imported packages?
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 11:53:02 GMT

Hi Claus,

You are right. The Camel-osgi example is not a good one because the META-INF
file does not exist and could not be generated (like this is possible with
maven + bnd : http://www.aqute.biz/Code/Bnd) from the repository. Like you
mention, the wiki web site has to be updated in order to explain
step-by-step how to build a Camel osgi project and deploy.

When you look to the servicemix web site where
(http://servicemix.apache.org/kernel/1-quick-start.html) an explanation is
provided on How to run Camel example inside servicemix 4 (which is based on
Felix osgi server), you see that in order to run Camel, additional bundles
(jaxb, jaxb-impl, camel, camel-osgi, ...) must be deployed. But this is not
enough because when you try to deploy the same project into Spring
Application Platform Server (and probably others osgi servers), errors are
returned to the console because dependencies are not deployed and not
defined in the META-INF file (good explanation is provided here :
http://swik.net/Spring/Interface21+Team+Blog/Creating+OSGi+bundles/b2yoy).

Unfortunately, even if each osgi server implements the osgi specification
their behavior are different. This is also the case with the J2EE servers.
Otherwise the procedure explained in the servicemix should be reproductible.
In spring application platform by example, the camel schema cannot be find
during the launch of the server ... Sometimes IT is a pity for the slaves
that we are.

Regards,

Charles