camel-users mailing list archives

From bwtaylor <bryan_w_tay...@yahoo.com>
Subject Camel in Master/Slave ActiveMQ config
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 21:13:16 GMT

Can somebody explain, or forward me to an explanation of how Camel embedded
in ActiveMQ will behave when used in a master/slave broker configuration. Is
there a way to tell the entire camel context on each broker instance to obey
master/slave status of ActiveMQ?

Specifically when the slave starts up, presumably the camel context and
routes will be built even though the broker is not actively processing
messages. The master will have a comparable camel context, and I'm worried
about interference between the two Camel Context. How do the routes on the
slave know not to try to do their processing? Some routes in these contexts
will reference broker endpoints, but some may do things like hit external
endpoints, which would be bad if this is competing with the comparable
processing on the master.