camel-users mailing list archives

From law <>
Subject CAMEL-250: Still having probs
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 19:19:23 GMT

The problem I am having is that when I copy a large file into the directory
that camel is reading from and it hasn't finished copying, camel attempts to
copy the file into the .camel dir which fails since the copying of the file
is locking it since it hasn't finished. I tried to use the noop=true but
that doesn't seem to pick up new files put in the directory (I really don't
know what's going on w/ that). However, I was browsing the bugs and found:

which seems to indicate that the problem was fixed in 1.3, but I'm still
seeing it. Does anyone have any insights of what I can do to fix either:

a) The noop flag for files
b) Ignore files until they are ready to be read, then fire off the consumer
c) If it is going to fail, how can I make it reprocess the file. It seems to
kill camel when this happens.

The setup I have is using spring bean for the .to() and having spring start
up the context.