camel-users mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen">
Subject RE: Overall notes on FTP/SFTP component
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 15:56:47 GMT

Do you mind creating a JIRA ticket for the FTP issue with:
- should not poll the file before the file has been fully transferred.

Camel should support different strategies for this
- done file (eg. the producer create a 2nd done file when the transfer is complete)
- lock file (eg. the producer creates a .lock file so we know we shouldn't poll the file before
the lock file is deleted by the producer)
- timestamp/size not changing (checking the timestamp of the file and that it hasn't changed
for the last xxx minutes etc.)

Anyone knows of other strategies that are well used?

Med venlig hilsen
Claus Ibsen
Skovsgårdsvænget 21
8362 Hørning
Tlf. +45 2962 7576

-----Original Message-----
From: borgel []
Sent: 30. juni 2008 17:40
Subject: Re: Overall notes on FTP/SFTP component

I tested 1.4.0-SNAPSHOT today and created a route from file to ftp. This
worked very well, but i noted two issues:
1. It had problems with folders. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't
2. When putting large files in the watched folder it started working on the
file before it was complete. This resultet in error and I didn't find a way
to set the delay and initialDelay properties.