camel-users mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" ...@silverbullet.dk>
Subject RE: Problem with sending a message from one JMS queue to another
Date Sat, 28 Jun 2008 07:31:05 GMT
Hi Bruce

Could you create a ticket in JIRA with this issue? So we do not forget to look into it.

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet
Skovsgårdsvænget 21
8362 Hørning
Tlf. +45 2962 7576
Web: www.silverbullet.dk

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Elmore [mailto:belmore@qualcomm.com]
Sent: 23. juni 2008 16:00
To: camel-user@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Problem with sending a message from one JMS queue to another

I noticed a problem in JmsBinding.java. If Camel has read a JMS message from
a queue and that message has a bean method specified in the header
("org.apache.camel.MethodName"), the method header will removed if that
message is written to another queue. Here's the offending code:

    protected boolean shouldOutputHeader(org.apache.camel.Message
camelMessage, String headerName,
                                         Object headerValue) {
        return headerValue != null &&
!getIgnoreJmsHeaders().contains(headerName)
               && ObjectHelper.isJavaIdentifier(headerName);
    }

"org.apache.camel.MethodName" fails the check isJavaIdentifier and is
excluded from the headers written to the new message. I'm not sure the
purpose of this check, but this might be an unintended side effect.

The call chain is something like this:

JmsProducer.process
JmsBinding.makeJmsMessage
JmsBinding.appendJmsProperties