camel-users mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" ...@silverbullet.dk>
Subject RE: from http://... to file://...
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 08:00:43 GMT
Hi Joe,

Yes its a correct sequence. However the seda queue divides the exchange into two processes
that are async. It depends on your requirements. With the seda queue you can respond immediately
to the client that you got the data. However as you haven't processed the data you don't know
if its valid data that you can process.

Without the seda queue you can process and validate the data before sending a response back
to the client. You can change the seda queaue to a direct queue that is synchronous and thus
the response to the client is only sent after the exchange has been written to file.

If you wish to do much more complex processing your can use a .process(new MyComplexProcessor())
where you can do all the java complex processing you want. In fact in Camel there are many
ways to heaven - you can also use the bean to instruct Camel to use a POJO.

>From the MyComplexProcessor you can extract the in, transform, and fetch the endpoint
for the persistent queue and send it there. You can inject a ProducerTemplate, or a Endpoint
using annotations etc. But for start you can just get the camel context where you can get
the persistent queue endpoint where you can create a exchange and a producer to send the exchange.

For example: see the spring-jms tutorial:
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/tutorial-jmsremoting.html

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet