camel-users mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen">
Subject RE: How to implement custom AggregationCollection to implement completeness condition
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 03:53:43 GMT

RomKal is AFAIR the person who has knowledge how this aggregation stuff works.

In the trunk (Camel 1.4) Willem have added a loan-broker example that uses the aggregation
pattern. However I do not think its an advanced usage and not extending the Collection stuff.
But you could take a peek anyway.

If you can reveal some of your sample code then people would maybe be in a better position
to help you.

Med venlig hilsen
Claus Ibsen
Skovsgårdsvænget 21
8362 Hørning
Tlf. +45 2962 7576
-----Original Message-----
From: taran []
Sent: 5. juni 2008 17:53
Subject: How to implement custom AggregationCollection to implement completeness condition

Hi All,

I implemented my custom aggregation strategy for stateful aggregation.
When i tested it, it fails if there is some time latency in sending messages
to aggregator, as it timesout.

We tried setting batchTimeout and batchSize with stateful aggregator but it
doesn't work as in the default camel implementation, the message  counter
and the  timeout  are  common  to  all arriving  messages,  instead  of
having  separate  ones  for each aggregate,  and so this  doesn't  even
implement  a  basic completeness  condition.

I read camel documentation which says to implement a completeness condition,
the camel Aggregator can be extended by writing a custom
AggregationCollection, to be used with our custom AggregationStrategy.

I request for some urgent help on writing custom AggregationCollection to be
used with my Custom AggregationStrategy.

best regards,