camel-users mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" ...@silverbullet.dk>
Subject RE: No way to remove FTP/SFTP files?
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 03:49:35 GMT
Hi

And voting for the tickets also helps the team decide which issues we should tackle first.

Personally I do think file based components needs an overhaul in Camel to improve their standards
as this is IMHO still one of the most common integration techniques in my daily fields of
work.

Gert good point about that ServiceMix FTP component. Good spot for code resuse.

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet
Skovsgårdsvænget 21
8362 Hørning
Tlf. +45 2962 7576
Web: www.silverbullet.dk
-----Original Message-----
From: Gert Vanthienen [mailto:gert.vanthienen@skynet.be]
Sent: 3. juni 2008 04:42
To: camel-user@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Re: No way to remove FTP/SFTP files?

Drew,

No, you are not crazy.  Currently, the FTP/SFTP consumers don't support
this.  They store the lastPollTimestamp internally and compare that to
the file's timestamps to determine if a file still needs to be
processed.  However, the lastPollTime isn't being persisted anywhere, so
restarting the JVM will result in re-reading the files.

If you want, you can always provide a patch for the file-handling
strategies you want to use for your project.  Let us know if you need
any help with that...  Any (even partial) solution for this issue would
be more than welcome.

If you are using Camel inside ServiceMix, you can also use ServiceMix's
FTP poller component as a (temporary) workaround.  That one does already
support most forms of file-handling (delete, move, ...).

Regards,

Gert