camel-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject Re: from http://... to file://...
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 20:33:12 GMT
What I still donĀ“t understand. What is the difference between the jetty
and the http component and why are both needed? Normally I would have
thought the jetty component hosts a server that can be used to trigger a
camel route from the outside. But in the example you used it to extract
data from an external page. Am I missing something here?

Claus Ibsen schrieb:
> Hi
> Ah the issue is that the Jetty component is an EventDrivenConsumer and not Scheduled.
So you have to trigger the event yourself to start the event in jetty.
> Eg:
> from("timer://foo?fixedRate=true&delay=0&period=10000").to("jetty:").setHeader(FileComponent.HEADER_FILE_NAME,
> This will invoke the google homepage every 10th second and store it as a file.
> Med venlig hilsen
> Claus Ibsen

View raw message