camel-users mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <>
Subject Re: How to implement custom AggregationCollection to implement completeness condition
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 07:24:38 GMT
Hi ,

The batchTimeout and batchSize are not the completeness condition for
the aggregator, they are the common attributes for the batch processor
for avoiding waiting for the message for a long time.  The message in
the aggregation collection is also a common message that is processed by

Here is an example[1] for setting a completeness condition for the
aggregator, and  the aggregation is based on message header.

taran wrote:
> Hi All,
> I implemented my custom aggregation strategy for stateful aggregation.
> When i tested it, it fails if there is some time latency in sending messages
> to aggregator, as it timesout.
> We tried setting batchTimeout and batchSize with stateful aggregator but it
> doesn't work as in the default camel implementation, the message  counter
> and the  timeout  are  common  to  all arriving  messages,  instead  of
> having  separate  ones  for each aggregate,  and so this  doesn’t  even
> implement  a  basic completeness  condition.
> I read camel documentation which says to implement a completeness condition,
> the camel Aggregator can be extended by writing a custom
> AggregationCollection, to be used with our custom AggregationStrategy.
> I request for some urgent help on writing custom AggregationCollection to be
> used with my Custom AggregationStrategy.
> best regards,
> tarandeep

View raw message