camel-users mailing list archives

From "Patrick Shea" <patr...@ps1.net>
Subject RE: from http://... to file://...
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 08:04:45 GMT
Claus, I don't see a setPattern(...) on the Exchange class in 1.3?

Patrick

-----Original Message-----
From: "Claus Ibsen" <ci@silverbullet.dk>
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2008 1:08am
To: camel-user@activemq.apache.org
Subject: RE: from http://... to file://...

Hi Joe

By all means please post any questions you have to this user forum.

Ad 1)
Yes your observations is correct. If the file component gets an out capable exchange then
its trying to poll the file. So you need to change the mep pattern to inonly.

The HTTP protocol is by nature request-response based so that is why Camel will send back
a response if you use camel-jetty. You should probably send back a response with HTTP STATUS
200 to indicate to the client that you have accepted/consume his request.

Ad 2)
Send a response back to the client.

Ad 3)
You can use a processor to change/handle the exchange programmatically.
from("xxx").process(new MyProcessor()).to("yyy")

Here is some help for your route to do what you want:

        return new RouteBuilder() {
                from("jetty:http://localhost:8080/myworld").to("seda:in").setBody(constant("We
got your request"));

                from("seda:in").process(new MyJettyProcessor()).
                    setHeader(FileComponent.HEADER_FILE_NAME, "hello.txt").to("file://target/myworld");
            }
        };
    }

    private class MyJettyProcessor implements Processor {
            // must convert to in only as file producer will try to load the file if the exchange
pattner
            // is out capable.
            exchange.setPattern(ExchangePattern.InOnly);
        }
    }

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen