camel-users mailing list archives

From pratibhaG <pratibha.ghog...@in2m.com>
Subject Re: How does camel dead letter channel work?
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 11:00:44 GMT

Now I have following configuration:
public void configure() {
    	errorHandler(deadLetterChannel(

"jbi:service:http://servicemix.in2m.com/samples/http/JMSServiceCamelErrorHandler?mep=in-only")

.maximumRedeliveries(4).initialRedeliveryDelay(300000).backOffMultiplier(2.0));

from("jbi:service:http://servicemix.in2m.com/samples/http/httpConsumer")

.to("jbi:service:http://servicemix.in2m.com/samples/http/MyProviderService")

.to("jbi:service:http://servicemix.in2m.com/samples/http/bean2Service");
    }

I think the flow should be like this:
1)message is consumed from httpConsumer.
2)messge is sent to MyProviderService.
3)If MyProviderService is up and running, everything goes fine and the
message is sent to bean2 service.
4)If MyProviderService is down, the messsage will be redelivered after
300000 ms that is 5 minutes. After 5 minutes if the application is again
down, message will be redelivered after 10 minutes, then after 20 minutes
and then 40 minutes. If still  MyProviderService is not up, message will be
sent to deadletterchannel.

But I am getting something different:
After first attempt as per my servicemix logs it wits for 300000 ms, but
then I get
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Exchange not found

Also if my client's request time is 2008-06-24 16:11:41,112, then it gets
response at 2008-06-24 16:12:51,125.

What should ideally happen?

Pratibha