camel-users mailing list archives

From Joe Satch <upadhya...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: from http://... to file://...
Date Sun, 22 Jun 2008 20:18:13 GMT

Hi,

I am quite new to camel, so plz excuse me if i say something fundamentally
wrong.
What i am not able to understand here is that if I wish to open an http
serversocket to listen to requests and persist them to a file, how do i go
for it. I could open a serversocket using jetty component, and then I routed
the incoming messages to a file URI. It threw me exception.

My analysis of the problem was that the jetty server component makes an
Inout exchange and forwards the content to file URI and waits for the
response to come as it instantiated an Inout MEP. And it never gets the
response back as the file component probably expects an Inonly MEP or
something of that sort.

My questions

1. Is my analysis wrong.
2. If I wish to do what i am trying to, how do I go abt it ?
3. How do I trap an exchange programtically and then do something with it ?
thanks

>Ah the issue is that the Jetty component is an EventDrivenConsumer and not
Scheduled. So you have to >trigger the event yourself to start the event in
jetty.
>Eg:
>from("timer://foo?fixedRate=true&delay=0&period=10000").to("jetty:http://www.google.com").setHeader>(FileComponent.HEADER_FILE_NAME,
"message.txt").to("file:target/hello");