camel-users mailing list archives

From Seon Lee <fuc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help w/ Oracle JMS and AQjmsException (JMS-147)
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 21:35:49 GMT

I've found a fix for this, but the underlying cause seems to be the
implementation of Message.setRepyTo()  inside the Oracle JMS package.
Specifically, it seems to puke on "null" values for the Destination
parameter.

I modified the class org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsBinding @ line 156 in
method appendJmsProperties() to perform a null check on the header value
before attempting to set the replyTo property.

                else if (headerName.equals("JMSReplyTo") && headerValue !=
null) {

jmsMessage.setJMSReplyTo(ExchangeHelper.convertToType(exchange,Destination.class,
headerValue));

                }

There might be adverse side-effects with outright ignoring the JMSReplyTo
property in this manner, however.

Additionally, while debugging this problem I've discovered what seems to be
a typo/error in Oracle's JMS package. It seems they are not following the
JMS 1.1 spec per the JMSX property named "JMSXRcvTimestamp"; they've
actually named it "JMSXRecvTimestamp" (with an 'e'). This is causing a
subtle error to occur when using the camel JMS component with an Oracle AQ.

I also patched this by modifying the method
JmsBinding.populateIgnoreJmsHeaders() -- adding an additional ignore string
for the Oracle typo "JMSXRecvTimestamp".

Once I made these two changes, multicasting is working properly with Oracle
AQ queues.

If the devs are interested I will open a JIRA and upload diff patch files
against 1.3.0. I wanted to make sure though that I posted here to see if
anyone else ran into a similar problem and had a better solution -- or
perhaps I am way off-target and this is not a bug.

Cheers!
Seon